- Provide direct physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, feeding and swallowing strategies to children and youth in the outpatient pediatric setting.
- Consult with local health care providers, staff, and families regarding prescription, use and modification of adaptive equipment for pediatric patients with mild to severe physical involvement.
- Service patients from throughout Kansas at our tele-medicine wheelchair/seating clinic in conjunction with Children’s Mercy Hospital and Numotion.
- Perform wheelchair and seating evaluations.
- Provide custom orthotic assessments, castings and fittings.
- Perform adaptive equipment assessments, modifications and fittings.
- Assist patients with trialing a variety of types of adaptive equipment within the physical therapy sessions to determine proper equipment for functional home, school, and community use.
- Our occupational therapist’s are passionate about working with kids and partnering with families to help them find success in all of life’s activities–both big and small. They have advanced certifications in Neuro-Developmental Treatment, Dynamic Movement Intervention and Sensory Integration, and expertise treating children from birth to eighteen-years-old with a wide variety of diagnoses including torticollis, stroke, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, autism, sensory processing disorder, and general development delays.
Speech therapy at Move2Play offers a wide variety of unique therapy approaches to customize an individual treatment plan that best meets the needs of each child we see. We offer experienced comprehensive evaluation and treatment of:
* speech sound disorders including childhood apraxia of speech and phonological disorders
* expressive and receptive language disorders and delays
* pragmatic language impairments
* sensory feeding disorders
* motor-based feeding disorders
* oral and pharyngeal dysphagia
* enteral nutrition to oral feeding transitioning support
*AAC evaluation and treatment